Train toward: ALL players becoming immediate Attackers when team gains ball possession!
FIVE HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE ATTACKING PLAYERS
Five R’s for Attacking Techniques
1. Read the Game (Glance)
2. Run to Attack (Move)
3. Receive the ball (1st Touch)
4. Retain the ball (Dribble)
5. Release the ball (Pass or Shoot)
READ the GAME — (Glance).
Memorize: ‘Ball in flight — Look left and right’.
Train toward: Taking the eyes off the ball during the serve.
Seeing the present situation and anticipating future options.
RUN in ATTACK – Positioning to help teammates and hinder opponents
Using either support runs, check runs or dummy runs.
Train toward: Walking, Jogging or Sprinting at the appropriate time to SUPPORT the Attack.
RECEIVE the BALL …BRING BALL UNDER CONTROL — 1st part of 2-touch play
-MEET IT! – Move into line of flight
-GREET IT! – Use the ‘Magic Hop’ to relax the cushioning body part
- Cushion the ball on contact
Train toward: Not letting any ball get by you.
Not letting any ball bounce!
RETAIN the BALL …KEEP BALL UNDER CONTROL – 3 or more touch play
-MEET the opponent – Go straight at him and force him to defend.
-GREET the opponent – Use a fake/feint to get him off-balance
-BEAT the opponent – Explode past him taking advantage of fake/feint.
Train toward: Tap the ball and Glance sequence!
RELEASE the BALL = PASSING & SCORING
-PUSH the ball slightly ahead
-PEEK to see the teammate/goal
-PLACE the ball into space/goal
Train Toward: Accuracy over power!
Note: This is one of the more difficult concepts for young players to develop.
REMINDER – -
IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN EVERYTHING!
Final Notes: Thank you for taking the time to read this and Sharing with your soccer community. Please send your thoughts and ‘words-of-wisdom’ on this subject to me at: email@example.com Thank You..!
Koach Karl (Karl Dewazien)
- Emeritus Director of Coaching – California Youth Soccer Assoc. 1979-2012
- Author – Internationally Published FUNdamental SOCCER Books Series
- Producer – highly acclaimed ‘FUNdamental SOCCER -Practice’ DVD.
- Clinician at: www.fundamentalsoccer.com
- Store at: http://fundamentalsoccer.com/?post_type=product